Contents of TDGNHAS Series III, Volume 28

Articles

The Distribution of Animals and Plants: With special reference to Great Britain and Ireland
by Professor Balfour-Browne
9

The Excavations at Chapel Finnian, Mochrum
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
28

Castle Loch Island, Mochrum
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
41

The Owners of Mochrum Loch
by R.C. Reid
53

The Dumfries and Maxwelltown Mechanics' Institute, 1825–1900
By W. B. de Bear Nicol
64

The Bells of Whithorn
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
75

Who was Ninian?
by Rev. A.W. Wade-Evens
79

Cruggleton Church
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
92

St Ninian's Cave
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
96

Physgill
by R.C. Reid
99

Glencairn Castle and Maxwelton
by Miss Joan Gladstone
104

The Military Road to Portpatrick, 1763
by M.C. Arnott
120

Wilson of Croglin
by R.C. Reid
135

Butterflies and Moths of the Solway Area: Further Additions and Notes
by David Cunningham
150

An Early Cross at Ruthwell
by C.A. Ralegh Radford
158

Sanquhar Church in the 19th Century (Continued)
by Rev. W. M'Millan
161

The Goodman's Croft: And its Relation to Aploch
by George Watson
179

Stone Axe from Dhuloch
by R.B.K. Stevenso
186

A Roman Fort at Broomholm
by R. Feachem
188

Dating Second-Century Pottery in Northern Britain
by J.P. Gillam
190

Carzield Roman Pottery
by J.P. Gillam
196

Excavations at Milton (Tassieholm) in Season 1950
by John Clarke
199


Proceedings
222

Field Meetings
(1) The House of Park and Castle Kennedy.
(2) Caerlaverock and Brocklehirst.
(3) Cruggleton Church, St. Ninian's Cave, and Physgill.
(4) Portling and Portowarren.
223

Presentations [1949-50]
225

Exhibits [1949-50]
227

Membership List [As at 1951, 1st April]
230